



A few weeks ago we went to "Dino Day" at the Burke Museum (University of Washington campus). Thanks to my father in law for finding it and getting us a season pass. It's pretty small but the kids really enjoy it. Every year the museum puts on this dino day dedicated to all things dinosaur. We went .... not expecting large crowds but WOW were we suprised. The line wrapped 1/2 way around the building! But we felt pretty large because we held season passes we walked right up and went in :) We learned all about the Triceratops dinosaur- watched people chisle pieces of bone out of rock or something, touched fossils, and went on a fossil dig. Kyle's most exciting part was finding out what ATE the triceratops:) pretty exciting :) The picts I have are of the kids banging rocks to see if there are fossils inside. They then get to keep their fossil. Even Zach loves fossils :)
Now on to Zachy. My sweet little man ;) haha. So last week my mom was visiting ... it was one crazy week. As part of this week my kids got sick. Stomach flu sick. Zach had it the worst by far. After he got better he decided to get up at 5 am and be awake for the day! Can you believe it? That's just wrong. I couldnt' just leave him in his crib he was SCREAMING "mom". So i layed by him in my bed while he watched cartoons. Children should not be allowed to wake up before PBS starts showing cartoons. His new word is "foffle" (waffle) funny to watch him say it he makes his lips into a big "O" shape. So I got him a waffle and milk and came back to bed. A few minutes later the waffle is gone and he wants another! So since that day he's been waking up between 6 and 6:30. I know many of you think what's the big deal my kids have done that for years. Mine don't :) It's actually a bit refreshing to wake up early :) it does make the pre-gym mornings LONG. Well today I've wised up instead of making a second trip back downstairs within 10 minutes of the first "waffle" I now give him 2 at a time :) smart huh haha.
4 comments:
What a fun day at the museum! I think Kira has the same tights as Sadie, but her's are pink. I think 6-6:30 is EARLY. Kira usually gets up at 7:30 which is okay by me. Any time before 7 is too early. I'm glad to hear your kids are doing better. How are you feeling?
How fun! I'll have to start making my list. Summer will be here before I know it and I won't be prepared with fun stuff for the kids to do! I love that picture of Zach in the bean bag. He's so cute.
We went there last year and the boys loved coming home and "working on their fossils." I'm so jealous you didn't have to wait in line!
As far as Zach's early mornings, maybe it's the age. Brandon is going through the same phase - up between 6 and 7 every morning. And the kid goes to bed at 10 every night! I'm glad you discovered the waffle in bed thing. I'll have to try that ;)
Nice header. It is fun to make your own. It adds a more personal touch to the blog.
Post a Comment