Sunday, March 13, 2011

Spencer and Carly


My younger brother Spencer got married last weekend down in Portland. I love Carly she is so fun. They came to visit us last March and my kids climbed all over her..and loved her....and she couldn't have been sweeter.
The wedding was completely done by Spencer and Carly. Every little detail of at the reception (to me it was more like a party celebrating them it was the coolest thing I've ever been to) anyway every detail was spencer and carly. It was amazing. example- instead of a typical bouquet they made Carly's out of brooches they collected, and a smaller one for each mom.


I was really jealous. i almost stole my moms. not joking. I had such a fun time with my parents and then the short time we spent with spencer and carly. i miss you guys. The reception was held at a cafe in Carly's hometown, Longview WA. It had music from Spencers iPod playing...fun upbeat spencer music (he is a journalist, interned for FILTER mag and writes articles about bands and music for them and papers in utah (I hope that's right spence?!) you could sign into the reception with a vintage typewriter set up and take a cd and playlist home to remember the evening by. Why was my reception so lame?! (i hope my mom didn't just read that...you know what i mean right mom?!) My kids had fun putting together puzzle pieces that were in jars on the tables and eating chocolates out of bowls they made from vinyl records (yes they do have a record player at home that they use often). We had italian sodas and cupcakes....i was in heaven...until maddie got mad b/c i walked away (no nap) and kicked an entire plate of salad on bens' suit....then we had to go. But the best thing is no one even noticed cause everyone else was having fun! :) If I had so much fun imagine the my brother and Carly....it was their party :)
here are some pictures of the day
Maddie's "cheese"
Mom and I
Mom and Kyle
Zach being Zach with mom and the girls :)

Carly and Spencer
Spencer Carly my mom and dad and I at the reception
awww
Right before I left the reception Spencer and Carly had a gift FOR ME what?! man i felt special ;)
it was the our best bites cook book. i was so excited! (confession: I held the book all the way home from Longview and cried a few times cause I missed my fam) they gave me that because i made a recipe off that blog for them last year, and now they cook from there all the time. So since the cookbook just came out they had to give it to me.
um feeling lots of pressure on the gift that i hadn't yet found.. .i'm going to have to post a picture of it after they get it. It's almost done! and I think it's going to top the cookbook :)


3 comments:

Stephanie said...

How fun!!! I love all the fun ideas they used! So clever!
By the way, I'm dying of curiosity about what you're doing for their gift!

KT said...

Wish I could have been there- it looked like so much fun. That's cool you got the cook book. You'll have to let me know if you like it.

Spencer said...

Wendy, I love you and am so so glad you and your family could come! It meant the world to us!!

slideshow