Thursday, November 3, 2011

Sick Day

Kyle woke up this morning unable to talk and a bad cough
Now he is playing nintendo (mario kart) and singing. he tricked me. man i am easily fooled I need to get better at that. I have too much sympathy for little sickies. You would think of being fooled a few times a year for the past 3 years i've had kids in school I'd be strong. Zach told me this morning his stomach hurt while we were waiting on the bus. no sympathy for him. he's been coming into my bed every night for about the past 3-4 weeks (he used to just keep it in his couch on the floor) so i need a break from him. i told him to get on the bus and he'd be fine. He said "ok mom" i think he just didn't want kyle to play nintendo without him. man i have a love/hate relationship with that wii
And I'm not sure what the deal is with bedtime lately but I'm hating it. If maddie doesn't take a nap in the afternoon then she wakes up about an hour after being put down for bed inconsolably screaming. Then I'm usually up with kids 2 -3 times a night for some reason the past couple of weeks. By the 3rd time it takes me forever to fall back to sleep. then I'm so tired by the evening. I'm not sure how to fix it. so....tired....
Maddie loves to sing...Her current favorite song to sing to is "moves like jagger" more specifically the part that Christina Aguilara sings. hilarious. I'll leave you with a video of the girls dancing so a song that my brother and wife sent me. They are into more Indie music (spencer is that what i call it???) anyway my kids love the CD ...her name is Austra she was trained as an opera singer i think. anyway enjoy :)

1 comment:

KT said...

Love the dance moves!

I totally feel your pain about waking up in the night with kids. My kids are usually great sleepers, but lately one or both of them get up. So frustrating, and I'm tired so I'm not so great at dealing with the 3am crying. I hope it gets better for both of us!

slideshow