




Well I have neglected my blog long enough. I have had a few crazy weeks and just like my journal when I get behind it is discouraging and don't want to play catch up. So today I sit at my computer with half of my mouth droopy trying to drink/dribble my diet coke as a reward for my root canal this morning (part 2) I definitely earned the 32 ouncer after 2 hours and 15 minutes with my mouth open subjecting myself to all kids of drills, files, and utensils heated under a blow torch stuck in my mouth (who knew). I am feeling good. well sort of. :)
Halloween was fun. Kyle was of course Darth Vader, Sadie Sleeping Beauty, and Zach a dinosaur (fitting isn't it?!) Ben's parents came to town for a weekend visit which was so great to see them. We didn't do much of anything except visit, watch a few movies, and played lots of chess (Kyle's new favorite thing since ben taught him a few months ago) I don't know how to play, and don't want to learn so that can be ben's area:) all I can say is at least it's not nintendo :)
Yesterday I decided to switch Sadie' and Zach's rooms because i think zach had more space in his room and Sadie is the ONE child of mine that goes off and plays with her toys ALL DAY!!!
So my biggest worry right now is my sweet, monster child, Zachy :) Have any of you ever seen the show Yo Gabba Gabba???I haven't but I saw this monster on a shirt in Walmart and thought that is totally Zach - in my opinion, pretty cute and cuddley must a MONSTER. I don't know what to do with him. He screams No so much....which he gets to spend 2 min in his room for. He has ripped all the keys off my laptop 2 times...(ben left the lid up) he sure did get more than 2 minutes for that, but I won't disclose how long ;) And he has a thing when he is around children younger or the same size as him he hits, pushes, pokes, and tries to kick (he can't really cause of his lack of balance so that's a bit funny) what to do. It is so embarrassing and maddening! Help me! Will he grow out of this? I've never had a child like him before :)
4 comments:
I'm glad you got the route canal done and hope you're feeling better. Zach is such a sweetheart and I've been around enough boys and girls his age from my nanny days to know that his behavior is totally normal. He'll grow out of it and he's already better than he used to be- but how he used to be really wasn't bad, just normal.
Congrats on finishing your root canal. You made it! As for Zach, try not to worry to much. He'll calm down eventually. Btw, Emma pulled the keys off our laptop a few times, too. The last time it was so irreparable, Chance had to order and install a new keyboard. We are really careful to keep that thing put away these days.
Sounds like you're right on track with what I would do (not that I'm a pro or anything). Some kids probably just go through phases like that. I think you're handling it great.
Zach sounds a lot like Dallin...I think they will grow out of it, I am still waiting. It has definitly improved. Last Christmas he was 18 months old and tackling all the older children and making them cry!
Post a Comment