Friday, January 30, 2009

The WORST customer service I've EVER seen

Ok so this is a continuation of my horrible dentist post...remember the one with the 62 dollar bill?!  So I said I would fight it and I have, now I'm angry....well not fuming like I was 45 minutes ago after getting off the phone...let me update everyone on the worst dentists office EVER.  So I called the office manager and left a message...1 week later she called me back.  So I was really nervous to talk to her for some reason so my voice was kind of shaking as i recounted the entire situation (If you have heard me speak in church you know what I'm talking about-it sounds like I'm going to cry) so after I finished my story she says "First, just calm down" I said I'm not upset. then she says "I have 2 questions for you." so the first was "You aren't going to find a pediactric dentist that will put silver fillings in your child's mouth because of mercury levels.  Do you really want to do that to your child" I said Yes I don't really care, it's just a molar and they are going to fall out.  She then says and second "I know this lady dropped the ball on providing you with information but the dentist did the work do you really want him to not get paid?"  I said I do think he should be paid BUT it shouldn't be me paying him because I didn't make the mistake, why should I have to pay and take the fall for the mistake your office made?" she didn't like that answer so she said she'll get back to me .
SOOOO 45 minutes ago I get a pleasant phone call from the  lady I had the problem with IN THE FIRST PLACE!!! can you believe it.  THe office manager made her call to tell me they are not going to let this 62$ go!!!! She said to me (in a yelling tone) "Did you or did you not stand here at my desk and tell me you know the insurance will cover this 100%" "I said My exact words were I think it's covered 100% but I'm not sure" I said it's not my responsibility to provide you with the insurance plan details it's your job.  She then got even louder and said she printed something off the internet and I said (now I am MAD) I say "Well the insurance company said this rarely happens, and if you had done your job and called the insurance we wouldn't be having this problem" then that made her REALLY MAD and she started literally screaming at me and I interupted her and said I'm NOT paying this bill and I'm not coming back she then says you've already told me you're not comning back and You ...I said I don't have to listen to this and sit here and argue with you once again.  Have a nice day Bye.  And hung up ( I thought I'd end it nicely even though I wanted to reach though the phone and ...well I don't know but I waas really mad:)
Now the next problem is I brough XRAYS from another office when we started going there...and now they have them and I have to go get them.  Ben says he will go, that's probably the wussy way out.  I'm scared to go in there.  Even if they came back and said fine we'll only charge you half that would have been fair.  UHHHH I have such a problem with that office manager not calling me back herself.  

6 comments:

KT said...

Ugh! How annoying...I hate dealing with rude people. The same situation could have had a different ending if people would be a little nicer! And I would have Ben go get the X-rays if I were you, I wouldn't want to go in there either. :)

Kelly Munns said...

oooh...now i'm mad! i think if ben went to get the x-rays they would think it was because you would go nuts on them again...i think they're scared of you. you obviously stand up for yourself. in situations like that i just keep asking for bosses. eventually you'll get the doctor and unless he's a major jerk and doesn't care about his business, he'll probably work something out with you. it's the worst thing for a doctor to hear that they're losing business because of their office staff...

Jana said...

I totally feel your rage! I hate crappy customer service and getting stuck with fees I shouldn't be paying for. In the end I concede, pay the $, and then eventually it just becomes a faint memory :) So, are you going to let us in on who the dentist was? I'm just about to switch dentists and it sounds like I don't want yours ;)
On another note, great swim/water pics!

Stephanie said...

Wow. I'm so sorry! I thought they always did the silver fillings because I've seen kids with them! And, cute pictures of the kids. I love that you can see the splashes!

jack!e @ One Saturday Morning said...

You should go pick those x rays up yourself so you can punch the office manager in the face! I can't believe how rude they were!

Jocelyn said...

Who is this horrible dentist? We shall have to avoid that office!!!

slideshow