Thursday, April 23, 2009

Whoa as me!

I'm down in the dumps lately.   Maybe i'm sick of rain and winter.....or maybe it's  this weekend ben took our external hard drive and hooked up up to his computer.  This holds all of our music....i'm going to say like 12 gigs or more.  We LOVE music.  Plus ALL of the pictures since we got a digital camera....2 days after Kyle was born!!!!  ALL of them - all my babies pictures.  Did you get that I said ALL of them :)  Me being the terrible mom that I am- I don't scrapbook so very few are actually printed out.  Actually about 6 months ago i printed ones from Kyle born- age 2 and Sadie being born.  I was going to create albums.  WHy couldn't I have done Zach   Anyway back to my point .   The hard drive tipped over on ben's desk and now it won't work!  IT's all gone.  At least I have pictures I have emailed to family since kyle was about 1.  at least it's something.  Quotes online to do data recovery are $700-$1000 or more!  Of course I say WORTH IT :)  Ben says no way....if anything for the MUSIC- seriously?!  Now I get a daily reminder of being a terrible non journaling mom :(  I got really excited because i then found my pictures in photoshop....but they were just "ghost" copies.  
So that was monday night.  Since then I've been in a funk.  My kids have been super clingy/grumpy.  ok that's Zach and a little bit of sadie.  
I also feel like I've gained like 10 lbs TODAY.  I've eaten terrible...can't get enough chocolate :)  ever have days like that?  good thing I'm out of some of the key ingrediants for Brownies....i'm sure i'll make a run to the store between now and tomorrow :)  and the gym?  Don't even go there.  it's been like 1 1/2 weeks since i've been.  
see i'm just depressing :)  This weekend we're going to the tulip festival.  Hopefully that will make my week happy :)

14 comments:

Jill said...

Oh, sorry Wendi! That sucks! You know you might put an ad on craigslist looking for people who do data recovery. I know a lot of students around here do tech stuff for cheeeeeeaaaap for a little extra money. And if you want to talk about chocolate...I baked cookies the other day and polished 24 of them off in like 2 days. We all have our days!!!

jjstringham said...

You and me both in a funk. I probably shouldn't help out in this way, but if you need some chocolate I've got an extra box of brownie mix. :-)

jack!e @ One Saturday Morning said...

Ummmmm I have chocolate cravings allll the time...and I'm not even pregnant...that I know of.lol at least you have an excuse!

Tiffany J said...

I'm sorry about your pictures! Besides Craigslist don't you guys know any ward/stake/friends who work with computers? Maybe swap some meals or babysitting (if they have kids) for some data recovery. Something's better than nothing.

AND

It must totally be the month we're in right now with our pregnancy's...my funk JUST set in after looking at ALLL the stuff I'm going to be doing soon (before July). Oh hum...Have a GREAT time at the festival...take pictures!

Michaelynn said...

That is one of my nightmares. I am always worried about our pictures. I need to save mine somewhere more safe, too. I'm so sorry! But, all these suggestions you've been given are really good ones to try. Seriously, people are out of work and more available than ever.

Jana said...

I'm so sorry Wendy! I'm not a journaler or scrapbooker either - we should start a club ;) The only thing I can get myself to do is maintain a blog and occasionally upload pictures (like vacations and birthdays) to Picasa. Then you can share pictures with others for free AND have them stored safely where a computer malfunction can't harm them. Have fun at the tulip festival! I'm thinking of taking the boys too - they're supposed to have an Air Show this year.

CGhica said...

Oh, I say worth it too! I am so sorry, but I hear you about the chocolate and the 10lbs, only I am not pregnant!!

D Boy Flex said...

You could try Best Buy. I don't think it would cost 700 bucks, maybe at most I would say 200. Also, search the yellowpages for a local non chain computer geek stores. They may be able to do it cheaper yet. Who knows. The drive may just be loose. An external HDD is nothing more than a regular computer drive in a fancy case. The connectors could just be loose and just need to be plugged back in. If you do not feel comfortable doing that yourself, a computer store could do it, maybe BB again. Sorry to hear that. I hope you can get that fixed. If it is just the connectors, you should be set. Good luck with that.

Stephanie said...

That's not a bad idea to do picasa. I think that's what my sister does. I keep meaning to get an external hard drive to back mine up. Now I'm realizing how important that is! I hope you get it figured out. That would REALLY depress me.

Erin said...

Ok, I think you should shop around for data recovery prices, but you should definitely do it... I mean those are your memories we're talking about here! We've started backing up our pictures for that reason, hopefully things will work out for you... sorry!

Spencer said...

that stinks wendy. you should do scrapbooking on the computer. they have programs you can get that you like copy and paste pictures in and there are all sorts of backgrounds and "stickers" you put on the page and you can make little books and maybe even print them off.
"zacchhy say Walllee"
"NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"
haha. mom and i thought of that when we were in the disney store yesterday! ok, i thought of that and reminded mom!

Laurel said...

Wow, I am so sorry! I don't scrapbook either, so I feel your pain.

Katie Tyler said...

Wendy- glad you found me through Tami! Ok, I love this post- because I definately have those days too! We do need to get together! are you going to the garage sale?

Melanie said...

Ok Wen~
Seriously, you didn't tell me you had a blog??? You don't EVEN need to know how I came across your blog! Find the blog and scroll down and find out that this has been happening for a year! I feel so cheated on, so dirty :)

Regards~
Your former friend/roomie Melanie

Seriously?

slideshow