Tuesday, May 26, 2009

What we've been up to

I guess I should do my updates for this week.  Here is a story to share: Last Saturday night I ended up going to the hospital because I was having contractions and my urine looked like cranberry juice.  Gross...but true.  turns out I was dehydrated causing the contractions so they made me drink tons while on the moniters and sent me home with perscriptions for a bladder infection.  I felt really dumb.  I was there till about midnight....but it was nice to just have to lay in bed and watch the home and garden channel :)  
So Sunday night-tuesday was absolutely terrible.  I had the worst pain in my lower side.  It felt like a charlie horse.  I really couldn't sleep.  I called the dr. on Monday morning to see if this is normal and the nurse tried to tell me it was those "sharp pains you get at this point in my pregnancy because of stretching ligaments"....seriously this is my 4th time i know what that feels like and this wasn't it!.  Then on Wed.  I still wasn't feeling better so I called the dr again (do you know how annoying and dumb I felt?!) and they told me to come in the next day for another sample.  That night I had severe back/side pain.  It started while I was sitting at my computer then i could hardly walk to my bed, i really coudln't lay down....I took like 3 really hot baths to try to get it to help.  No help.  I finally drifted to sleep for a few minutes 3 1/2 hours later and it eventually faded to bearable and just sore.  So the next morning i was ok until i was on my way to the dr....which took 45 min because of an accident.  I got the pain again just not as intense.  I went into the office dreading nothing being wrong and looking like a baby.  Turns out they found a kidney stone in my sample I left!  What are the chances.  Since then I felt completely better!  amazing.  Ben was out of town but kyle did an amazing job taking care of me :)  He learned from the best.  
Thankfully I felt awesome for this amazing weather we've had.  On Friday we watched Taken...pretty intense.  Then Saturday we went to Coulon Beach for our first trip...and Ross right across the street.  I got some amazing deals- 3 sheet sets for $1 each on clearance, and a Boppy baby bouncer that babies r us is currently selling for $55 for $1~ can you believe that...and my family makes fun of Ross :)
On Monday we went to Seward Park, and a playground down the street.  we've had a great weekend.  Hope all of you did too!
I have some pictures to post but i have to figure out how to convert them to JPEG first :) 

7 comments:

jjstringham said...

Ack. Kidney stone. That does not sound like fun. Glad to hear the baby is ok though - you had me worried!

KT said...

Glad you are feeling better and everything is okay. That's so weird that you and Spencer had kidney stones at the same time!

Spencer said...

Wow! That story sounds pretty familiar, minus peeing cranberry juice and being pregnant! Glad you're feeling better! I have to go in on Tuesday for surgery to get the little sucker out. And great finds at Ross!! haha. Ross. I went to Nordstrom's Rack the other day and it reminded me of Ross...but nicer. And I thought of you!!

Jessica Jane said...

I LOVE Ross. I can't believe you had a kidney stone while you are pregnant. TERRIBLE! I'm so glad it passed and you're all better.

I really liked Taken. I also got to see 7 Pounds, thanks for the tip. I really liked it. Very thought prevoking.

I love your ultrasound pictures. I think she looks SO cute. How fun.

Hope to see you soon. Not sure when the next girl's night is, but we need one. Or maybe a park day when school is out.

The Perkins Family said...

OUCH! You are tough!!!

Mel said...

I'm so glad you're better. What's next, appendicitis?

I ditto Heather's comment, you are a tough one.

Darcy said...

I've had my fair share of kidney stones (like 7) so I know that you aren't kidding when you said it HURT! It's amazing how much better you feel, and how quickly, once it's passed. Unfortunately, they are a more common occurance in pregnant women, then non-pregnant women (although I was lucky enough to never have had one while I was pregnant. One pain at a time is all I can handle.) So, I hope you don't get another one anytime soon! I'm impressed that Kyle took such good care of you.

slideshow