





I always dreamed of having a sister. It would have been fun to share clothes, friends, make-up, shopping....all those girl things. Sadie absolutely loves Madelyn. She sings to her (songs made up by Sadie usually), covers her....tells the boys to be careful around her, and of course tells her "stop crying Madelyn" I keep trying to explain that won't help :) Also we had a little "fairy" party for sadie last week...it was her bday. All of her friends came dressed as fairies. We made fairy wands, colored fairies...it was lots of fun!
Zachy is unusually kind to the baby. If she is in the swing he'll stop it so he can rub her hair (that is his affectionate touch for her) or he'll ask me where she is and what she is doing. That picture is what zach will do for hours- drive his cars in the "woods" next to our house...it's his favorite thing to do!
And Kyle enjoys holding her, and helping me give her a bath. If he sees me stressed he asks how he can help or tries to quiet Maddie down. Kyle started swimming lessons this week and LOVES it. I have been putting that off because I have an issue with paying someone to do what I used to can could. But i have no place to do it, and nowhere for the other kids. He'll put his face in the water to do what the teacher asks and comes up smiling! While we are watching him the high school kids are swimming on the other side of the pool. wow that really made me miss the days when i used to swim. surprising!
I feel like since Madelyn was born, and the kids started school all about the same time I haven't even had a chance to catch my breath. We get up at about 7 (since I have the kids in a GOOD habit now of 7:30-8 bedtime HOORAY), I exercise, run errands or take sadie to school, rush back to get kyle to school, then naps so I can get something done around the house, kyle comes home (he walks with his neighbor friend now so I don't have to drag the kids out in the rain and stuff for the walk home) then watch the kids while they play outside- and get dinner ready. Then it's not rest time yet, dinner, clean up, baths, reading, and finally bed. But Maddie's just getting started it's a bit of a grumpy time for her she just wants to be held. Last night she went to bed at 8 I think she knew I needed it :) I'll usually put her in the bjorn at night so i can finish cleaning up, laundry, and ironing ben's shirts before i sit down for an hour or so of "good" tv. Wow it's so busy. Partly my fault. I've been uptight about keeping the house clean, my mom was here last week and since then I've been cleaning out closets and organizing.
Yesterday i finally caved and set up the toddler bed for zach. He's done great for his nap, bedtime. IT was time he was in and out of the crib all the time now. but i have one of those doorknob toddler lock things so he can't get out :)
As I mentioned up there my mom came last week to help me out since ben was gone again. It was great. An extra set of hands was so nice. She made food for my freezer, and was so helpful. i was a little out of my regular routine at the beginning of the week because I didn't have help :)
Ben always is telling me that he works so I don't have to and that means I need to enjoy what i'm doing and relax sometimes. So i've justified a 20 minute nap here and there because "ben would want me to :) I constantly try to remind myselft to slow down and enjoy the kids. I remember my mom used to have this saying on her wall "cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow for babies grow up we've learned to our sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs, dust go to sleep I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep" I keep thinking that in my head while I'm sitting with Maddie to remind myself it's ok to just let the house wait a bit :) Well those are my thoughts for today...
10 comments:
Your girls are so adorable! Wow, busy days for you. I'm definitely the same way about my house. Sometimes I have to tell myself to just let it go and enjoy being mommy for awhile.
Yeah, I obviously can't say I'm the same about my house, but I'm coming to terms with it. Really I am! Anyway, those were great thoughts. I like to read the day-in-a-life-of sort of postings. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Maddie is getting SO big! I need to hold her again soon to get my fix!
I love those sister shots. They're gorgeous!!!
I randomly miss swimming a lot too. And for some reason whenever I think of that saying that mom used to have up on the wall, it makes me cry. haha. i don't know why, but it does!
Those are such cute pictures of your girls. I can't believe how big Maddie is! She's so blond and cute. We need to have the kids play. :)
I love it that you justify your naps so well! I agree, Ben would want you to. I tell myself things like that sometimes, so it is nice to hear that I'm not alone in doing so.
The pictures of the kids are great! Love Sadie and Madelyn together!
Yay! I'm so happy for you and for Sadie and for Madelyn. Girls are wonderful. I love reading your blogs, keep it up. Its so nice to see pictures of your beautiful growing family.
Hi Wendy, I was thinking about that saying when I was up there visiting and holding the baby the whole time. Time somehow gets away from you when you are busy with the day to day stuff.
i LOVE that quote. it is so true.
Great pictures--so cute. I'm wishing I could have a fairy party. I love the quote. It's been nice to be at my mom's. She has a cleaning lady. I think I need one now. ( =
Post a Comment