Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Grateful


Here are 2 favorite pictures right now. The first is favorite dress up clothes and the second is Maddie VERY excited playing in a tiny puddle, splashing with her hands.





Spring days always cause me to think about the things in my life that I'm grateful for. I actually started this last night so my days are off
1. Today I am so grateful for friends. This morning my visiting teachers came over. This might be the first time that I have ever had visiting teachers that I call my friends. They make my day better, they bring a sweet spirit into my home. I love them.
I got a phone call from my one of my best friends, who I met as my freshmen year of college roommate. Man we really helped each other get though that tough first year away from home. We have been friends for almost 12 years now (gasp) and when she calls it's like we are sitting on our beds at midnight talking about how much we hate the cold snow of Rexburg or boys or something like that.
I love my friends here in Washington. Even though my schedule is crazy with preschool pick up and drop offs its fun to see a friend in the store, or at McDonalds (which is a happy place anyway right?!) Friends here are like my "pseudo family". they make my day.
I love when I walk by one of my kids and out of the blue they say "Mom...I love you" few things are better (or make me feel guiltier because when i hear mom i may or may not get momentarily annoyed that i'm going to have to do something else for them ...oops:) )
I was thinking today how much I love technology haha that sounds nerdy. isn't that a song that Napolean Dynamites brother Kip sang at his wedding. haha?! "I love technology, not as much as you you see" ok it's been years since i've seen that... It has really given me the chance to connect with my brothers and their wives almost daily even though we live so far apart.
I love music. I love having it when I exercise (instead of having to change the cd 1/2 way through :) i have to say Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber get replayed often while I run. don't judge. :) Kyle and I have decided our favorite primary song is My Heavenly Father loves Me. It's been playing through my mind often. enough rambling for one day :)

3 comments:

jjstringham said...

Yay! I love this post. I'm guessing you can figure out why. :P

Vienna said...

Oh she is sooo cute!


-Vienna
http://latterdaybeehive.blogspot.com/

Melanie said...

Ok Wen~
You've got to imagine the high pitched voice with a little tear - that was sooo nice:) Loved talking with you tooo - nice to able to occasionally vent with someone who sees the world the way I do and know that your not being judged... at least too harshly:) Still blessing your heart...

slideshow