Monday, March 21, 2011

The Usual

So I have lots of things to rant about at the moment. I'm in that mood so i'm going to go with it. Mostly I was just trying to keep my mind busy while running just now.
Madelyn- Hates nursery. I don't get what her problem is. When the door opens she freaks out. Last week I left her screaming and had to go teach my class, came back during the 3rd hour to sub and she was still on and off crying. It is so unlike her. I just don't get it. At the gym if she sees me leave she stops after 30 seconds. seriously. But she couldn't go this week b/c of the runny nose. I can pretty much bet she'll happen to get one every Sunday morning for the next 3 months. ugh. (good note Maddie had her first dentist appointment on Friday (yes I have learned to start early :) ) and she was really good didn't cry at all ...no cavities...haha
Zach-Really it's the same old with Zach. Parent/teacher conference last week. I always come away with so much jumbled in my brain. His teacher is amazing. She wonders if he has some sensory disorder to cause him to constantly be picking. First I have to take him to the dr. to rule out allergies then he'll be referred to an occupational therapist. So here's something that has been on my mind ALOT but not sure if I should write about or not...oh please it's not like i'm one to ever keep my mouth shut right?! Over the past year when talking to her she will say "that's a red flag" about certain behaviors that Zach does/has. Finally at the conference I asked her what does "red flag" mean, what am I supposed to do with that. She said "Oh red flag means sign of autism". um wow. trying to not show my shock. She said that when Zach first started about a year ago she was almost certain Zach was autistic....now she's not so sure. She doesn't want me to have him tested just yet. Wow I was not expecting that.
Zach had the dds on friday also. He has 2 cavities, in the same tooth, on each side of the mouth exactly alike. The dentist said "there was no prevention for this...it's just anatomy." so they will be giving him "happy gas" for that :)
Sadie had been seeing a urologist and had a test called a VCUG done at the hospital. They put her to sleep and then watched fluids inside her body to see if urine was traveling up into her kidneys. It's not. almost $3000 later I know exactly what i knew before. Nothing. I just got a dr bill from her urologist for her visit right after the procedure. In which she spend 10 minutes with us and said "Well if she is still having more accidents than you would like in 6 months you can come back" wow thanks for that...and I have to pay her 550$ for that?! (times like this high deductible ins. was the wrong choice ;) )
Sadie also had the dentist and she has to have 2 bottom teeth pulled because her adult teeth are too big....well she's going to have to have more than that pulled eventually. Enter the happy gas for her....her and zach will be going at the same time actually. that should be neat. Can i get happy gas too???
Kyle went to the ortho on thurs and had some xrays and he said "When is the last time he went to the dentist" oh great ..... uh 5 months ago....oh well I'm going to send him a letter to recommend his 2 molars on top (same one on each side) just be pulled because of the massive cavities in them. That's not counting the other 4 he'll need pulled in the next few years, and screws drilled into his gums to prevent the need for implants since he just didn't develop 4 molars. what the heck. seriously?! i can't catch a break here. And don't judge me Mr. Ortho. We brush and rinse like crazy here!
I let Kyle stay home on Friday cause he had a stomach ache, and i have a fear of being sick to my stomach in public. Plus it was just a 1/2 day who cares. He conned me. I knew it ... oh well sometimes we all need a break right? Guess what Kyle stayed home sick today. Except he was really sick. Fever...headache haha he didn't get out of bed till dinner time. Now i have a weird feeling in my throat...oh great (ben's gone till friday night I would get sick now)
ME Let's see...where to start. Mostly my "grrr" feeling is my weight loss. I had been up to 37-38 lbs lost...i'm stuck now at 34lbs lost. I joined Weight Watchers online ...this'll be my 3rd week. it's hard. harder than my calorie counting website. but i've only lost .9 lb! at least it's a loss you might say. still frustrating. I know my workouts haven't been where i like them so i'm working on that this week. I do like WW because you get weekly points that you can use each day, or 1 meal, or 1 day....so on Saturdays I don't worry about what I eat so much...I mean I don't go nuts but it's nice to have a day to be a bit lax. I'll buy a few treats during the week and instead of obsessing about not being able to eat them I just save it for saturday when I have the extra.
Ben well i'm not at liberty to say his annoyances on here...i'm really not supposed to mention his name haha (he really doesn't like blogging :) )

Pretty much I'm ready for this month to be over. It has been long, busy month. I have felt heartache and sadness. I will say that I'm grateful for the Saviors hand in my life. I'm also grateful for the comfort the spirit brings.
Till next time....

4 comments:

KT said...

HOLY COW! What a busy time for you and your family. So many big things going on with everyone. I knew about a few of those things, and a few I didn't. You are right that the Spirit and gospel can bring us peace. You guys are in our prayers!

Kelly Munns said...

i sincerely <3 your rant. i wish we were neighbors...i know we'd have too much fun. our husbands might leave us so we could just be together :)

Melanie said...

Loved talking with ya last night. Just remember I'm always blessing your heart - and I mean that in the good way. Wished we lived closer - like how we planned in college on Gone Fishing - I would totally be your duplex buddy :)

fil. said...

very very good

slideshow