Wednesday, September 10, 2008

My week is here

So a couple of times a year Ben leaves for an entire week- usually to go to Ohio where is company is based. The week is here. Don't get me wrong there is nothing I love more than spending time with Ben. But when he is gone I make all of the things that he doesn't like to have for dinner, I go "natural" - no make up/ponytail-I know what your thinking "Wendy take some pride in yourself" yeah I know I really don't go out much during the week :) and I manage to do lots of things that need to be done. So for the beginning of the week I pretty much just read a book I've been totally in to - The Other Boleyn Girl. So good, well pretty trashy actually but Ben encourages the trashy side a bit :) haha so I don't feel bad :) i just finished it last night. I always stay up really late (yes tonight I'm watching the movie to see how it compares to the book)I even bought myself a thing of Ben and Jerry's (it took a lot for me to write that because I think if nobody knows I ate it but me the calories won't count) today I've been a bit bored since I finished my book so I've cleaned out closets to make room for fall clothes, cleaned out my junk cupboards, and went to step aerobics...I think it's all the Diet Coke I've been drinking to keep me sane with the kids:) There's no point to this post really, I just felt like writing.

6 comments:

Ashley said...

Do you own The Other Boleyn Girl? I'm currently reading it but it is due to the library tomorrow and I'm not done. I can't renew it because there is a waiting list. If you own it, could I borrow it?

Sounds like you had a fun week!

Family of Strength said...

Having had Bill gone this past week...you go girl! Eat all the Ben and Jerry's you want!!!

Sharon and Spencer said...

You make me laugh, Wendy! I love your sense of humor. I've never heard of that book, but I'll have to read it when I'm in the mood for something trashy!

Stephanie said...

I'll have to get a list of books you own that I haven't read yet! ;o) But first I have to finish Count of Monte Cristo!

em&m said...

I'm glad you are enjoying "your week." I don't know if I'd be able to handle all my kids by myself if Mark were gone for all that time, except for that it sounds great! I've been interested in watching the movie, ha! silly me, i didn't know there was a book! Maybe I'll add it to my list and we can compare notes. Love ya! So glad you have a blog now!

CGhica said...

ghicaYeah Wendy,
I am so glad you found my blog and that you left a comment--I like them. Don't worry about stalking, I won't turn you in! I may have a few weeks of my own coming up, thanks for the good ideas (I already do the natural and lame meals things, I'll have to try a book:)

slideshow