I would personally never have the nerve to do either of these things. I just was too annoyed not to write about it.....
Friday, September 19, 2008
The Nerve
Yesterday we went to wal-mart. I got to my van and noticed a lady in the parking space across from me looking at me. I thought to myself that it must be really entertaining to watch me load my kids and things into the van or something. So I will confess this, though it makes me nervous....I didn't return my shopping cart to the "shopping cart coral" which was way down the aisle. I left it in the empty space next to me...(I was parked far away and in a hurry, but no excuse i know) and i get into the van, start it up and look up and the lady gestures at me to get my shopping cart!!! I was so irritated that i just shrugged my shoulders and left. I felt soooo rude!!! I still feel bad. The day before ben was up in Kirkland and on a business call waiting for meeting, so he pulled his car over in a subdivision. After about15 minutes a lady came out of her house and knocked on his window. He had to put his call on hold for her to say "Could you turn your car off I'm concerned about Global Warming"!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
I leave my cart by my car everytime I go shopping with 3 boys. Seriously, should I leave them alone in the car while I find one of the return areas? NO! Besides I know boys who are cart guys and are saving their money for missions. I'm helping them out. Why do people pick on you?
Wow. I'm with you. I would never have the nerve to tell someone what to do like that. People are rude.
I'm convinced someone has stuck a sign on my back without me knowing that says "I always welcome your RUDE comments" :)
Haha! That is crazy. People are so strange sometimes. Too funny about the global warming thing! I'm going to share that story with my family ... they'll totally get a kick out of that. And I don't return my cart either if I have all the kids and things are crazy. I try to do it when I can, but its not like I'm breaking the law or anything!
Yeah for blogs! It is so fun to see your family! I can't believe how big your kids are! Fun Fun!
WENDY and BEN! I found you through Crystal's blog...I'm sure that makes me look like a freak but I couldn't help posting! I am so glad you started a blog so we can keep in touch! The kids are SO MUCH BIGGER than I remember them!
I, too, must have the sign attached to my back! I get weird comments/experiences allllll the time!
Geez! Obviously this lady doesn't have 3 kids otherwise she would have moved the cart for you herself. I try to be courteous and park by one of those return cart things, but really, you were far away and what business was it of hers!? I'm with you on this one.
Yeah, some drop out high school kid has a job because you leave your cart there. Some mentally handicapped lady feels like she saved the planet because she told you to turn your car off. Unfortunately, weather cycles are normal. Ever heard of the ice age and how the planet has cycled out of that without human intervention? I heard once that it is worse to turn your car off and then back on shortly thereafter than to leave it on in the first place. Also, there are certain, eh, gestures, that are quite effective at remedying both of those situations...
Oh my gosh! I caught myself twice this week almost being one of those nervy people! Ha ha! then I thought of your blog and realized I better just bite my tongue. funny though, made me think about when its right to butt in and when its not.
LOL! Some people just need to get a life! Now you need to just come up with some witty rebuttals that you can pull out on a moment's notice :)
Post a Comment