
Ok the other night I went to Applebee's with a few friends. We went for the 1/2 price appetizers- but since we went in Bellevue they made us order drinks too (our "regular" Applebee's doesn't enforce this rule) So I decided to not get "the usual" diet coke, get a little crazy and ask for a Strawberry Limeade. It was out of their little drinks book. You know Margaritas, and daiquiris were on the previous pages. She brought the drinks out and I took a big sip....REALLY GROSS. I can't remember exactly but I think Ashlee tasted it and said did you ask for Nonalcoholic? So when the waitress came by I said "Excuse me, but I didn't even think to order the nonalcoholic version of this drink." She looked at me and said "It is nonalcoholic limeades always are." I felt SOO dumb. I just said Oh it tastes kind of funny and she just said it's probably the strawberry. What does that mean??? I'm sure she thought I was such an idiot! I told the story to Ben last night and he says he would have died had he been with me. So Ladies I apologize for the embarrassing situation :) On top of the grossness of the drink it cost me $4...the amount I saved on the 1/2 price appetizer :) Also I just looked at their website and it says in really big letters "Speciality Non Alcoholic Drinks" with the limeades right under it :) So I learned a few things from this experience- 1. I will from now on just stick to the Diet Coke and 2. I am not meant to venture out of the little town that we live in.
9 comments:
I've ordered that one too. The waiter told me everyone loves it and I have to try it. I hated it. But then, I don't really like carbonated drinks. Not a fan.
what is my problem? i've been meaning to add you to my friend list and for some reason haven't. so now i'm playing catch up. at least tanya is on the ball and had you on her list so i could find you. ok i'm going to add you. and i'm sorry people make you feel like you don't deserve stuff that tastes good. i am just like you, but i dont let anyone make me feel bad! wendy should get what wendy wants!!!
HA HA!! That was so funny, but mostly because I would have done the exact thing if it had been me. When you don't drink it seems like all the "special" drinks are special because they're loaded!
I wasn't embarassed, not even a little bit. It was funny. How was Phantom?
I've had their strawberry lemonade there and I HATED it, too. I don't know how much different their limeade is, but I don't order anything but water or soda there now.
I doubt limeades are ALWYAS without alcohol. Actually, aren't margaritas limeades with a bite? I guess you could call it a limeade... Anyways, obviously their strawberries were moldy or something. Strawberry limeades are usually delish.
Also, I wish I could go to a pumpkin patch too.
"Probably the strawberry"? What does that mean? Like their strawberries are bad and they still serve them? Weird. Totally understandable mistake.
haha that is hilarious! I've thought the same thing a few times when I've gotten specialty drinks like that. Sometimes the taste is so strong is seems like there's a little something extra in them! =)
Post a Comment