Monday, October 27, 2008

What a week!

This might be the WORST WEEK EVER...I'm not sure.  So on Friday night while ben was still out of town (I have told a few of you this terrible story) I was drinking my Diet Coke minding my own business and suddenly i get this terrible shooting stabbing pain in one of my teeth that needs to be root canaled...my mouth is watering just remembering the pain.  Right after it started Kyle came inside crying because one of his "friends" threw a rock at him.  I could barely stand up but went out to figure it out....the gust of cool air did NOT help matters.  It would be really hard and strong, then fade and I would think oh this is done, then no another stab.  I took a Vicadin and gave it about 30 min and felt no difference.  AHHH so I called my dentists cell phone (i should keep that on speed dial...thank goodness for after hours numbers :) ) He called in immediately a stronger Vicadin (which makes me tired) and antibiotic (which makes me sick to my stomach but better than stabbing pain :)) And if i take that and an 800 IB profen I'm feeling OK like i don't want to knock my tooth out with an ice skate like in Cast Away (I now understand why he would do that....). SO back to this week. I have no voice which means i can't yell at my kids, which means nobody listens to me :)  Ben left out of town again this evening,  on WednesdayI have to go to the dentist for an "emergency procedure" where they will clean out my tooth, drill to alieviate pressure, and put medicine in it- it just sounds painful doesn't it.  I guess I'll be getting the root canal next week...so next week might be the worst week ever.  On Thursday I have to make a pleasant visit to the Dr (if you know what i mean) and then I have to get the house ready for family to come for the weekend.  Mostly it's just bad cause the dentist :( On a lighter note Zach was eating "handisnacks" you know the crackers and cheese for lunch (i'm a loser mom I know) and he decided it would be FUN to rub the fake cheese all over his head.  That is just gross.  I wiped it off with a dish cloth and ran kyle to school.  By the time we got back his hair was dry...and really stiff and definitely smelled of fake cheese.  it was cute though :)   

10 comments:

MerriLynn said...

That totally sucks! I've never had a root canal, but I hear it reeeeally hurts. I'm so sorry! If you don't already have your kids going somewhere while your at the Dentist or Dr., you can bring them over here.

Lanes said...

I am so sorry! Root canal...Awful! Husband out of town makes everything worse! Good luck!

em&m said...

Oh, Poor Wendy! Good luck at the dentist. Maybe your kids will be angels all week to make up for it. (by the way, Julia had fruit snacks and chips basically all day yesterday.)

Michaelynn said...

Oh Wendy, that is so awful! LaDawn said we couldn't come and see you this week, but how can I help? Please let me help somehow.

jack!e @ One Saturday Morning said...

Ohhh Wendy you poor thing!! PLEASE let me know if there is anything I can do to help you out! =)

Family of Strength said...

AHHHH! that is awful! Hope you have a fun weekend with the inlaws to help alleviate some of the pain.

Stephanie said...

Ugh, I hate tooth pain! I hope your root canal goes alright. Mine actually wasn't as bad as I had hyped myself up. I'm not saying I'd ever want it done again! I'll see you tomorrow (or Thursday).

Tiffany J said...

Sounds like you're having some horrible terrible no good very bad days! Root canals SUCK! There's no nice way of saying it so I understand the bitterness of it all. I hope that once the procedure is done that life will run a little more smoothly!

Tanya said...

bless your heart. i am so sorry that does not sound fun. i wanted to tell you that i did that post for you...the one with the idea for moms and grandmas.

Kelly Munns said...

isn't tanya the best? she's so creative. i'm so sorry about your teeth. stay tuned to my private blog for some "misery loves company" deal. it super sucks to be sick...in any way! especially when you have kids to take care of...and you're doing it alone!

slideshow