Thursday, September 4, 2008

"Your dentists name is Crentist?!"

So you can probably guess from that line that I am an Office fan!!! We love it. Besides the point. I went to the dentist today for the first time since Zach was born....I could list all of the REALLY good excuses I have to not go-but lets face it it's still embarrassing. With moving so much I've been to like 5 different dentists and they all have different things to say - which pretty much mean to them "cha-ching"$$$ you know they just see the dollar signs when they look in my mouth. My diagnoses have included- 15 cavities- 2 cavities (non filled in between going to this new dentist)- 9 cavities + 2 crowns and a root canal...to my latest and final from this morning no regular fillings but 2 root canal/crowns oh yeah and 2 Veneers however that's spelled...but i'm sooo sure! I'm just dying to spend money on my teeth! Cause i have so much I don't know what to do with it :) ....AHHHH I've had one and have always told Ben I would rather have another baby (yes I say that even have NATURAL childbirth!!!) then have another root canal. Of course there is the $ thing, my insurance is good but we still have to pay. When I think of spending large sums of money i think of buying a nice furniture piece or a playground thing for the yard...NOT another piece of porcelain to add to my collection :) Maybe i should get gold crowns this time so i have something "flashy" to show for it :) haha so in short I HATE GOING TO THE DENTIST....I just had to vent!

8 comments:

Family of Strength said...

Wendy, you poor thing!!! I remember the horrible experience you had with all the cavities and crowns in Sac! UGH! At least you still have your sense of humor.
Good Luck!

Ashlee said...

I hate when they try and rip you off. You think you can trust a doctor, but they just want money. I had one dentist tell me they needed to replace every single filling in my mouth plus do some other work. This is after going to the dentist (my old one...the replace-it-all-guy was the new one) 6 months before and having no problem. I got a second opinion and he said I had one cavity but everything else was just fine. So frustrating. I have a filing coming off...I don't even want to think about it. I agree...I hate dentists!

KT said...

If your going to spend so much money on your mouth I think the gold thing is a good idea. You should get a grill- some jewels or some bling on your front teeth that you can flash to people when you smile. I have seen a few people here with a grill- I specifically remember a guy at Fiesta. Anyway, good job on finally getting to the dentist. I haven't been in awhile either.

Jessica Jane said...

Mike has the same issues. He hates the dentist too. I'm kind of a freak, I love going--it's the whole clean thing. I can't sleep if I don't floss, brush, scrape my toung, rinse, and put in my night guard. I'm OCD about it.

I have one crown. I got a tattoo on it. It was $40 extra, they painted it on in the lab before they fired it. It's a fish. Remind me and I'll show you. Maybe a tattoo would make it fun? I got it right before our 3rd anniversary. I gave Mike a card that said, "Of all the fish in the sea, you're the only fish for me. I have a new fish tattoo can you find it?" It was a fun game. ( =

D Boy Flex said...

I picked up the office season 4 on release day. I preordered it and got it cheaper from best buy and it came with a fun run t shirt, water bottle and wrist band. Quite sweet. Awesome show. The new season starts this month.

Ashley said...

I feel your pain. I have the worst teeth...no matter how much I brush, floss, and use mouthwash, I always have cavities (see here: http://ashleyschultz.blogspot.com/2008/05/seriously.html)

BTW, I love your blog title. The Office is the best. I can't wait for it to start again.

em&m said...

Oh! Pooor Wendy! I AGREE! I hate going to the dentist and though I've never had a root canal i support your theory that its worse than natural childbirth! Good luck.

Kelly Munns said...

ok..wendy daniels!!! what the heck!? we live so close! i am so calling you if i ever travel up north. it is so good to see you and your family. i'm in the middle of catching up, but i plan on it! all of it!!!

ok so eww...i haven't gone to the dentist since before isaac was born! i dont have insurance anymore. it super sucks..but half the reason i don't go is because i'm scared of all that. your post helps me none!!!

slideshow