Thursday, April 29, 2010

Milestone #2

Ok as I have mentioned I have been working on weight loss. I initially said well actually have haven't said on here but back in january I set my goal to lose 30 lbs. I am now down 22. I was just invited to join this 12 week biggest loser group with a neighbor that starts Monday (1 meeting a week,) so i think i'm going to up my goal to 40 lbs loss. I have a few reasons. First, 30 seemed so out of reach anyway since i've only ever dropped less than 10 lbs at a time since I've been married. Weight loss has been a struggle. but i've found what works for me and i'm going with it. Second I said before I started 30 i'd be happy wiht but 40 would be amazing. Third I have said for YEARS (since before Sadie was born and we were poor in college) if I can get back down to my goal weight we are going to Hawaii. Ben agreed and over the years i keep mentioning it and he just thinks Yeah Whatever. it's never happened. Well in Jan I said after 30 we're going...ok whatever well now that's only 8 lbs away. but i want to go for the full 40. Plus I'm running out of time for this season already (I've moved on from Hawaii and want to go on a cruise) so we'll go next summer. And finally my big thing is teaching myself a lesson in good old self discipline. It takes disapline not to eat those brownies i love so much, or whatever it may be, it also takes discipline to get to the gym in the am and on that treadmill after the kids are in bed (ok more the treadmill than the gym :) ) anyway i just want to prove to myself i can do it :) i just shared the long version.... . Anyway after 10 lbs I bought new work out clothes. I was tired of looking frumpy at the gym in stretched out stained old tee shirts (seriously they were the old navy ones from 4th of july like 2000-2003 :) and the same pair of capris everyday from 3 years ago. since i go every day i just feel gross (probably doesn't help that i don't get a shower until like 1-2pm :)
So for my reward after the next 10 lbs was a nice hair cut/ color (i set these said rewards before beginning the weight loss back in january) so last night I went. I first told the colorist (foil highlights) that they don't often show up in my hair the way i like, maybe cause the curls?)so she said she'd do thicker and a carmel color. I thought she knew how to make it show up well. Well after my color while it was still in the towel i went to the haircut lady, and the color lady went home. I couldn't see any color at all. I could see if if i held the mirror right next to my head but anything more than 3-4 inches away it was non exsistant. so now i have to go back. I'm nervous. I don't want to be annoying but I need results. a drastic change. Ugh. Ben told me not to get highlights...i should have listened :)
so back to the salon i go. i shouldn't complain i guess i do get to sit alone and read for a bit :) so i got a little side tracked the point of the post was to say how nervous i am to go back and have them redo my hair. I'm not that way... but i don't want to pay for nothing right?!
not sure what my 30 lb reward will be now i'll have to think of something fun....

7 comments:

KT said...

Thats exciting- about reaching your goals and getting your hair done :) Way to go! I love that you set goals and rewards for yourself. It is so nice to get a good haircut. And that would be awesome to go to Hawaii or on a cruise- I'd take either one!

Mel said...

Way to be down 22. That's awesome and you're kicking my butt. You can totally do 18 more. You've been a good example in discipline while I've been losing my baby weight as well. I hope the salon makes the color show up for you.

em&m said...

Good for you! I know you can reach the goal. You are awesome. Can't wait to hear about your cruise. You know you're gonna get it and you deserve it.

Stephanie said...

You are TOTALLY a good example! I can't believe your discipline of working out every day, let alone twice a day! Way to go! And, I LOVE the idea of a cruise as a reward!

Daniels + Associates said...

Maybe you'll inspire me. Right now I just want to get through this school year : ). That is a lot of hard work, way to go.

Kelly Munns said...

good work wendy!! and as far as the hair is concerned...they're used to it. they'd rather you get the results you want than never go back and bad mouth them to all your friends. ps. i normally end up going back EVERY time. i'm picky and REFUSE to pay an arm and a leg for something i dont love.

Jill said...

Oh wendy...you should have heard me when I told a new lady I started going to that I wanted a little more blonde in my hair. She promptly put DARK BROWN streaks in. ???? I told her flat out I hated it and it needed to be fixed and how she got dark brown out of blonde I have no idea. So, 4 hours later...I was happy :-) I hated being high maintenance but dang! So don't feel bad! Not only that but you spent the money! You want to look good! Rewards are such a good idea!

slideshow